Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cheerobics 2009

Cheerobics 2009 is finally over!

My SA kids joined the open division group cat. as team Spectrum Youth.
The heel stretch din dismount the way I intended for it to, but hey, the flyer din fall and the bases managed to save the stunt and continue with the routine.
'm really happy that they listened and practised what they were taught - the importance of communication during routine.

For a team who had little experience and training time, they did very well.
And I would not expect anything more from them.

To XY, Singgih, Pinky, Bryan, Doreen: 'm really proud of you all.

As for Spectrum, well, we withdrew from the group cat.
Ya, after all the late nites, pain, tears, injuries, sacrifices, effort and hopes, we didn't take part.
It is a long story.
But I think it doesnt matter anymore.
Although we din display the fruits of our labour, what matter most is the lessons learned for the past 2 weeks.

We are 5 cheerleaders who came together with one common goal - Cheerobics.
And we forgot that we are 5 individuals with different skills and abilities, believes and values, and ways of handling stress.
As a result, we misunderstand, and were misunderstood.
Many a times, we almost fell apart as a team.
And it was only after sessions of "serious talk" that we start to see things from each other's point of view.

We still dun understand each other completely, but we are learning to get there.
And with that, hopefully, we would learn to trust each other more during stunts in the future.

Then there are those from Spectrum who came for trainings just to spot our stunts, to ensure our safety, and to support us in whatever way they can.
'm really grateful to them.
Thank you so much *hugz*

I'm (and the rest of the group are also) in pain and covered in bruises.
'm wishing hard for a speedy recovering of our injuries.
Thank you so much to those who showed concern over my injuries.
Something as simple as "how are you now?" and "are you ok?" makes me feel less pathetic, and that there are still some warmth in this world.

------------------------------------------
My right leg is still very much in pain, and I can barely rest my weight on it without feeling the pain.
Hopefully I can recover soon - I miss kickbox and tennis.