Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Love Being a Cheerleader

I still remembered the first cheerleading training I went for back in Hall 14. I was forced into doing it cos I was in JCRC. At that time, I condemned it even before finding out what this sport is all about. But I started to like it after some time. Even started falling in love with it, and craved for much off-the-ground actions when training stopped in Hall 14 after HO. That was why I joined NTU ACES. That was where I had my foundation corrected. I'm not ashamed to tell my juniors that I spent half a year in ACES getting a perfect elevator, and pop. Cos it helped me in becoming the cheerleader I am today.

I started off as a top flyer in Hall 14, so it naturally became the path that I wanna follow as a cheerleader. I remember there was once, after a BBQ with ACES, when walking back to hall with CR and Regine, CR told me that I had to work very hard if I wanna be the top flyer. And it became the sole item on my cheerleading checklist.

That was before I started trying out midtiering. I realised I dun have to be in the center of attention or the top of the pyramid every time to enjoy cheerleading. Midtiering gave me the same kind of satisfaction as being a top flyer. And I decided to work hard to be a reliable midtier. I still can't do a 1-man teddy bear on a pyramid. But it doesn't matter that much anymore. Cos I know there are a lot more other midtiering I can do, as compared to the past.