Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My SAJC Kids

My SAJC kids had their Chinese New Year performance today. And it was the first time I couldn't be there with them.

Of course I was worried.
Would they follow the captain's instructions and warm up properly?
Could they do a proper cradle from 2-2-1?
Did they have enough spotters?
Would they feel lost?

I tried my best to lead the captain via SMS. And at one point, he asked me, "Do you think we can do it?"

The truth is, I KNOW they can do it, with or without me.
That was why although I was worried, I didn't push my work aside to rush down to guide them through the performance. It is a small team, and it was not easy to plan stunts and routine with that number, but to see them running a 2-minute plus routine successfully really makes everything worthwhile.

And they proved me right.
When the teacher-in-charge told me that the performance went real smoothly, I was close to tears.

I'm really proud of my kids from SAJC cheerleading team.