Monday, March 17, 2008

Cheerobics 2008

Cheerobics is over. Team Spectrum didn't hit all stunts up but we were not complaining, since we got the Best Newcomer award (haha) for the open team category and 2nd in the group stunting category.

Here are some pic taken on that day:

Early in the morning (@ ard 2.30am), CR made his way up to Regine's room to pass her some medicated oil. The thing is, he didn't tell us beforehand that he was on his way up (so rude). So pls guys, do ask for permission if you wanna go up to a gal's room so late at nite (or so early in the morning).

Here's CR rubbing Regine's back. Regine commented that CR's strength was not comparable to Veron's and WF's haha.
Here's the competition ground @ Kallang Leisure Park. I didn't even know such a place exists. I think the rent was cheap due to the crowd (or the lack of it), so CAS decided to use this place. We were there early so it was pretty empty. The toilet is usually the 1st stop for the gals. Since I needed to shit (must shit early in the morning and before stunting!), the gals took the time to practise their dance.
The moment the guys found a nice and comfortable spot near the competition ground, they decided that it was time to catch up on their sleep.
Isaac looke like some homeless beggar with his rolled-up pants and sleepy face.
The beggar realised that no one was giving him any money so he decided to give up and get some rest. He even brought his own shade.
The rest of the guys just hang around. I took the opportunity to sneak up on Isaac. He tried to play along. Oh look! So happy together!

In the end, Isaac just couldn't be bothered anymore and just let me do whatever I wanted.While collecting ID for verification, we found that there are two long lost lovers in the team! They look so good together!
Chuanyan tried to dry his socks in the sun. Maybe next time when we have an assignment in the morning, we can all bring our laundry and air it at the holding area to save time.
Zhenda was not shy to show the world his sleeping pose.
Ah Liang made himself comfortable at a little corner and enjoyed his fav tunes. I hope it wasn't the routine music he was listening to.

Junhui and Kinwei lost in their world of comic books. KX, CR and Regine did a final confirmation on their group stunting music. CR looked happy so I guess Regine finally got it rite! (I wonder what KX was looking at?)
Uncle Law waited patiently for his ladies while they do their mkup.
Regine and I in the morning, before prepping for the competition.
Regine and I in the evening, after competition, with melting mkup (but still with the same smile as the morning one)
I can see Ah Liang's tummy!!! In transition...
Yeah, our liberty! Ah Liang been through alot learning this stunt and the timing. Got alot of scoldings from CR, Chuanyan and me. But he didn't give up. And the liberty we did for the actual competition was goooooooood! It was one of his best!
The group stunting team (minus Ah Liang and Junhui in the background). They worked very hard within the (only) few hours they had and created a miracle! You guys rock!
And finally, here I'm with Spectrum's best newcomer award.
Every cheerleader needs a man behind her, to catch her when she falls.
Was having rashes cos I was allergic to the uniform fabric, and I was in it the whole day. Kind-of made me frowned quite a bit. Plus things din turn out too well for Team Spectrum on the competition ground, I just couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone. Ate a Cornetto ice cream to try to make myself feel better, but I still wanna cry the moment I saw our supporters after the competition *sob*


To those who came to support Team Spectrum, thank you so much!


Thank you Edward, for being there to take care of me when things got tough! Thank you Sally, for rushing down after work! Thank you Jason, for being our spotter! Thank you Kangjun, Weida and Munhong, for being there for us, as Spectrumites! Thank you Jianning (and her dude), for coming down, and doing the gals' hair! Thank you my SA kids and Sam, for cheering us on no matter what happened! Thank you to those who came down from hall, for the faith you have in Spectrum! And thank you everyone out there who believe in us and showed support in one way or another.